Tuesday, 9 August 2016

Dividend Knight Income Portfolio Update (August 2016) - Building An All-Terrain Vehicle!



No.
Company
No. of Shares
1.
AIMS AMP Capital REIT
30, 000
2.
Starhub
10, 000
3.
Singtel
8, 000
4.
DBS
2, 031
5.
Frasers Centrepoint Trust
15, 000
6.
Mapletree Logistics Trust
25, 365
7.
OCBC
3, 020
8.
Raffles Medical Group
15, 094
9.
SATS
4, 000
10.
CapitaLand Mall Trust
7, 000
11.
ParkwayLife REIT
5, 000
12.
MGCCT
12, 000
13.
Keppel DC REIT
10, 000
14.
Suntec REIT
6, 000
15.
Ascendas REIT
3, 000
16.
UOB
400
17.
Sheng Siong
7, 000
18.
Frasers Centrepoint Limited
3, 000


Dividends received in August 2016: S$3,699.96

Total dividends received since Jan 2016: S$10,458.33

Average dividends per month: S$871.53

Average dividends per day: S$28.65

Total portfolio market value: S$363, 438

Unrealised Profits: S$62, 291


For the month of August, I will be collecting a total of S$3, 699.96 in dividends and distributions from my income portfolio. Added more OCBC and initiated a new position in Frasers Centrepoint Limited due to attractive valuations.
  1. SATS: S$400
  2. Singtel: S$856
  3. Starhub: S$500
  4. OCBC: S$453.60
  5. Sheng Siong: S$133
  6. CapitaLand Mall Trust: S$191.80
  7. Frasers Centrepoint Trust: S$456
  8. Suntec REIT: S$150.06
  9. PLife REIT: S$150.50
  10. Keppel DC REIT: S$334
  11. Raffles Medical Group: S$75

Investing is all about looking into the future and thinking backwards. I intend to  build a portfolio for the future economy. So, what do I see when I look into the future? A rapidly aging world with higher discretionary consumption from the growing middle-class and explosive data usage. Data centres, aviation-related and healthcare companies are poised for multi-year earnings growth.  

The future of the global economy is made all the more uncertain thanks to socio-political and geo-political tensions. In the local scene, the Singapore market was thrown into turmoil with the shocking collapse of Swiber. Getting highly-leveraged in a cyclical sector is a recipe for disaster indeed.

People tend to build their portfolios like 'Ferraris' which aim to achieve maximum returns in the shortest time possible. However, this method only works if the economic road ahead is flat, smooth and straight. Unfortunately, I am afraid the road ahead is full of turns, bumps and potholes at best. So, I am building my portfolio like an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) which allows me to navigate the rocky journey ahead and get me to the finishing line. I might not reach the finishing line first but at least I will survive and complete the journey. A 'Ferrari' will not get me to the finishing line no matter how fast it is.



To finish first, first you must finish
DK

10 comments:

  1. Your tap water is running in full flow by now, constant dividends every quarter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B,

      Yup, the dividend compounding effect seems to be in full swing. I hope this wealth 'tap' will continue to gushing out cash. :)

      Delete
  2. Just curious, how many years have you been accumulating dividends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I have been re-investing my dividends (plus injection of fresh funds) more than 3 years.

      Delete
  3. Well diversify portfolio with income and growth stocks !! Great ! Slow and steady ! 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi STE,

      Thanks for the support! Yup, after 3 years, I finally managed to include a few growth stocks into my predominantly income portfolio. These 'growth' stocks actually give decent dividends too! Yup.....slow & steady win the race!:)

      Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Great your dividend income!!! I'm still managing my porfolio.. Hope every month also can get an extra passive income from shares dividend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wilson,

      Thanks for the compliment! :)

      All the best in your pursuit for more passive income!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi dude,

      My portfolio is in Singapore dollars. I am a resident here. :)

      Delete