Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Dividend Knight Portfolio Update (Oct 2015)



 
Company
Shares (1000)
1.
M1
12
2.
AIMS AMP
30
3.
Starhub
10
4.
Singtel
8
5.
Frasers Centrepoint Trust
12
6.
CACHE Logistics Trust
16
7.
SATS
4
8.
Capitaland Mall Trust
7
9.
Raffles Medical Group
3
10.
Mapletree Logistics Group
10
11.
ST Engineering
3
12.
PLife REIT
5
13.
Suntec REIT
6
14.
First REIT
10
15.
MGCCT
7
16.
Keppel DC REIT
10
17.
Sheng Siong
7
18.
Mapletree Commercial Trust
2
19.
VICOM
0.5

Dividends received in October 2015: S$0

Total dividends received since Jan 2015: S$13, 265

Average dividends per month: S$1,105

Average dividends per day: S$36


Click to enlarge image

None of my holdings will be giving dividends in October. Fortunately, thanks to the volatility in the markets, I managed to accumulate 2000 shares of Sheng Siong at $0.815.

While most investors were focusing more on the STI ETF, banks, telcos and REITs in general, I decided to target Sheng Siong for a few reasons. Firstly, the growth for Sheng Siong lies in its e-commerce initiative, joint-venture in China and opening of new local stores. Since PAP enjoyed a landslide victory in the recent general election, Singapore should be marching towards a population of 6.9 million by the next decade. More people will probably lead to more consumption of daily necessities and groceries. So, Sheng Siong can ride on this long-term trend. The management is doing a decent job of maintaining reasonable profit margins and lowering operation costs by utilising a central distribution facility. As Sheng Siong imports a significant amount of goods from Malaysia, a weak ringgit will work in Sheng Siong's favour.

The main risk is stiff competition from NTUC Fair Price and Cold Storage/ Giant stores.



DK

4 comments:

  1. Hi DK

    Wah you sure like telcos there? Are you also considering other growth stocks or are your strategies.focused on telcos and reits in general?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B,

      I am an avid reader of your blog too.

      Singtel is a actually a decent combination of dividend + growth stock. Stable and defensive too. In contrast, Starhub and M1 are pretty mature in the saturated local market. Not to mention the possible entry of the 4th Telco on the horizon.

      I would say Telcos and REITs provide me with the cashflow, thus allowing me to reinvest in growth stocks such as Sheng Siong and Raffles Medical.



      Delete
  2. Hi Dividend Knight,

    Pardon my saying, your portfolio looks very similar to Dividend Warrior's old portfolio. Haha, both good dividend portfolio.

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Passive Income Farmer,

      I guess I was more of a 'coat-tail investor' when I first started out. I basically followed the portfolios of the prominent financial bloggers such as AK, DW, B, Investment Moat and so on.

      After some time, I realised I must do my own due diligence. So, I did not follow DW's recent additions of Silverlake and SembCorp.

      Cheers!

      Delete